Vector Fleet implements detailed management plans for every aspect of fleet maintenance. We also provide a catalyst to launch improvements in driver / operator contributions to fleet maintenance and safety. See below for an example of how our programs incorporate accountability into your fleet activity:
Pre-trip inspections increase safety and maximize uptime. Not to mention they are a regulatory requirement. Our team provides calibrated air gauges to drivers / operators, then instruct them to follow the steps below:
THE SIX STEPS OF TIRE PRE-TRIP INSPECTION:
- Check your tires for proper inflation. If a tire is 20% below its targeted PSI, it is considered flat and should be replaced. Also, dual tires should be within 10 PSIs of each other.
- Check your valve caps to make sure they are properly secured.
- Look for tread wear and check proper tread depth.
- Check for tire cuts or bulges in the sidewall.
- Check wheel and lug nut conditions. Make sure there is no rust or bends.
- Inspect suspension components.
These proven steps will help avoid tire failures and reduce fleet downtime and tire related costs. Contact us today for a free fleet maintenance cost analysis.