To all Vector Fleet Management Clients:
We have spent the last couple weeks carefully monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) developments and how it may impact our business. For Vector Fleet Management, this means understanding how it affects our employees and clients, then making the necessary adjustments to our internal safety programs and
We have one objective that guides us: keeping our clients and our employees safe. This has been at the center of our conversations every step of the way. With that in mind, we have made several adjustments in our business in response to the threat of the coronavirus.
We have instituted a daily cleaning and sanitizing program at our facilities. Sanitizing wipes, spray, and hand gel has been required for all Site Managers to keep available for our staff. We instructed for all generally used contact points (telephone, door handles, and keyboards) to be disinfected several times per day, along with employee workstations.
We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus. We have shared specific instructions with our employees on the importance of washing their hands and staying home if they feel sick or have come into contact with a person testing positive for Covid-19 to self-quarantine for 14 days.
A strict travel policy for our employees is in place, and we have canceled attendance at industry events and large gatherings, again to do what we can to help prevent the spread of the illness.
We ask if any of your personnel do not feel well, they postpone any scheduled maintenance at our facilities.
They can contact their local Site Manager to reschedule for a later date.
Should Vector become aware of a team member testing positive for Covid-19 the flowing steps will be taken:
• Our HR team will work with all site employees to immediately have Coronavirus test coordinated
• Your contract liaison with Vector will be contacted to coordinate a scheduled closing and cleaning of the facility
• We will determine which units any infected employee has worked on within the past 14 days and provide notification to each client; should your staff have come into contact with employee and/or picked up the unit from the maintenance facility
• Vector Executive Management will coordinate with your team for a scheduled reopening of facility
• Only tested and cleared employees will be scheduled for return to work
• Where necessary and available we will bring in staff from other locations to support the operation
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and do all we can to protect your employees and ours.