Performs check-in and check-out inspections and assists with minor mechanical repairs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs Check-In Inspections which involves greasing the units, adding fuel, if necessary, load test batteries, replacing batteries if failing the test, checking for presence of radio, keys, etc.
- Records license plate and key tag
- Completes various forms such as Transporter Shipper sheet, Check-In forms, lube truck PM form
- Performs Check-Out Inspections which include a pre- trip inspection on the unit consisting of checking the lights and basic operation of the unit
- Pressure test tires to 100 psi, checking fluid levels and completion of transporter sheet
- Performs monthly inspections that include, checking oil levels, starting the engine, cycle the steering and air systems, moving the truck to lube the seals, drain air tanks and checking the water in the lines
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe work area and environment. Including but not limited to cleaning shop equipment, floors, and fluid containment areas
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have basic knowledge of Class 6-8 tractors, safety and DOT requirements and ability to drive a Class 8 tractor.
Education and/or Experience
- High School graduate or GED; or on the job experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have good written and verbal skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Certificate, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee usually works in an open lot environment and is exposed to inclement weather. The noise level is moderate to loud.
Interested in a Applying?
Complete the Job Application Online!
Or Send Job Applications and Resumes to: email@example.com
Our Jobs Offer:
- Excellent pay for the right candidates
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee and Family Support thru Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Training and Certifications
- Other Benefits…
9300 Harris Corners Parkway Suite 350
Charlotte, North Carolina 28269