Responsible for first line Help Desk services, account administration, and laptop/desktop provisioning on a Microsoft Windows network environment. This position is permanent, full time, Monday-Friday, onsite at our Charlotte, NC corporate headquarters.
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Maintain Windows accounts and groups in Active Directory
- Perform installations, configuration changes, and maintenance of workstation hardware, firmware, operating systems, and software. This includes configuring and deploying workstations and laptops.
- Learn our business and user requirements to deliver appropriate technical solutions
- Maintain technical documentation for system administration, auditing, and software distribution
- Work closely with internal teams such as Development, Network, DBAs, and Storage
- Possess strong Presentation and Customer Service Skills
- Strive continuously to monitor and make enhancements to the workstation environment, processes/procedures, and documentation
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reliable, here to perform, grow, adapt as needed. A very obvious professional with an eye towards genuine customer service.
- Continuous learner
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 10 Operating System installation, operation, and troubleshooting
- Understanding of Windows Server Operating System basic management (Server 2012 R220162019)
- Knowledge of Dell Optiplex workstations or HP Probook laptops (or similar business computers)
- Functional understanding of TCP/IP and LAN/WAN networking concepts
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills. Communication – explain technical process in clear, easy-to-understand terms. Listening – performs active listening to get clear understanding of issue.
- Self-starter, anticipates a need before it is requested.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently.
- Exercises and maintains business confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Practical understanding of Active Directory, DNS, IIS
- Associate Degree or similar experience in Networking Technologies/Computer Sciences or related technical field (or near completion of AA degree). A current student will be required to complete their degree as a condition of continued employment.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated and skill-measured experience working with Window 10
- Working knowledge of VMware ESXi 6.7 hypervisor installation, operation, and troubleshooting
- Experience working within an ITIL framework or other environment using change control processes
- Windows Active Directory Group Policy understanding or experience
- Can demonstrate experience creating Windows workstations, from unboxing, connectivity, OS installation, software installation, patching, printer installation, dual monitor configuration, etc.
- McAfee Endpoint Security
- SharePoint basic administration
- Citrix session basic administration
- On-premise Exchange Server basic administration
- 1+ Microsoft certifications in Windows Administration
The candidate will be applying for a new 8th position on the current 7-person team. Current team is comprised of 1 application developer, 1 database analyst, and 4 systems (workflow) analysts. Currently, all of the traditional IT roles are performed by the IT Director (7th of the 7). This new position will work closely with the IT Director, as many of the day-to-day duties will overlap. This new position is designed to complement and balance the traditional IT workload amongst two people (Director and this new position). The network is mature and well performing. Typical Help Desk tasks are not emergencies or outages, but account creation/maintenance, some end user questions by email or phone, and similar.