This positions primary responsibility is to support the Purchasing Director who oversee the contractual relationships with suppliers providing materials, parts, tooling, labor, and supplies for company, including those used in contract operations. This responsibility involves assisting in negotiating pricing, warranties, rebate programs, required insurance, and volume discounts with vendors and evaluating the quality of available products. May attend trade shows and conferences to seek out new suppliers and track trends in the industry. May also attend startups, and project launches to ensure smooth transition into new programs, and operational SOPs. Will work closely with Director of Purchasing, Director of Operations and Site Managers on local vendor development and contract compliance. Procurement Support Specialist will maintain records related to vendor programs, as well as support the upkeep of existing manuals and online pricing guides. This position will be responsible for assisting in record keeping, parts cross-referencing, updated pricing, supply chain management and some aspects of preparing of competitive bids in the pricing stage. This position is based in Charlotte, NC and qualified candidates that are not in the Charlotte area must be willing to relocate to this area.
Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. In addition to interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review past account and p-card purchases from vendors to identify needed procurement agreements.
- Supporting and assisting in writing, procurement agreements and negotiations.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation.
- Assist with vendor selection, pricing, and rebate programs.
- Coordinating and tracking of all 3rd party service vendors liability insurance certificates, naming VFM as additional insured.
- Maintain the Company Purchasing Guidebook for field use.
- Maintain the Company Standard Parts Purchasing Manual for field use.
- Maintaining Online Portal for SPP/Purchasing Guidebook.
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Determining quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Startup modeling/Parts Cross Referencing.
- Coordinating and Assisting in starting all vendors for new contract start-ups, assist in pre-launch activation of credit lines.
- Minimum of three (3) days in the field per month, visiting with Site Managers and staff on procurement issues and needs.
- Track all vendor rebate programs and detail projected annual savings.
- Learn and be efficient after training sessions with Vector’s fleet maintenance software
- Assist in the Tracking of Vehicle Registrations/ State Inspection Tracking.
- Assist in Part/Pricing/Quantity Uploads into respective FMIS systems prior to startup launch.
- At least 5 years of class 1-8 vehicles or equipment management
- MUST have experience with parts and supplies management
- Transportation Industry experience (specifically knowledge of Fleet Maintenance) i.e. Heavy Duty trucking, Over the Road or On Road Delivery Fleet preferred
- MUST be willing to travel at least 25%
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience with CRM (ex. Salesforce.com) – considered highly beneficial
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office, with a focus on Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Ability to articulate complex solutions to prospects from local Managers to C-level officers
- Discipline: a proven track record as a self-starter and adherence to sales metrics with a very strong work ethic
- Strong customer orientation, with a high level of comfort making cold calls and quickly developing rapport with prospective clients
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and operational level
Working conditions are normal for an office environment and frequent national travel up to 25%.