Duties include parts and services procurement for the facility. Managing the parts physical inventory to comply with customer brand requirements and minimize cost yet keep necessary items on hand. Utilizing the required software to purchase and track parts and ensure parts are properly assigned to repair orders. Overseeing Parts and Procurement Administrators and Clerks to ensure quality and compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Purchase parts and services and maintain accurate inventory.
- Communicate with client liaison on daily, weekly, and monthly activities, reports, and contract compliance items, as required.
- Coordinate and direct Parts and Procurement Clerks in daily functions.
- Negotiate with vendors for best possible prices and service.
- Work with Office Clerks on proper invoice entry, core returns, and vendor credits.
- Interact with Technicians to insure compliance with part assignment to repair orders and stocking decisions.
- Pick up parts at vendor locations when required.
- Coordinating and completing quarterly inventories at all locations.
- Using the client provided software program to maintain accurate parts Min and Max as well as re-order forms and maintaining and reducing obsolete inventory.
- Responsible for staffing coverage for all shifts and locations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Minimum three (3) experience in parts or supply management. ASE Parts Specialist P1, P2, and P4 required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license required.
The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, talk or hear, and or smell. Climbing – Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps and the like, up to 10 feet in height, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Generally, an office and warehouse environment exists. However, the employee may be occasionally exposed to inclement weather and loud noise.