This position provides excellent customer service through the safe and efficient delivery of parts and materials using a company provided vehicle. The essential duties and responsibilities are described in more detail below. Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers parts and materials while driving a company vehicle in a safe and efficient manner
- Must follow the company’s safety procedures
- Checks orders to make sure they align/match
- Maintaining a distribution log or tracking system to record all deliveries and pickups made
- Provides excellent customer service
- Must have the ability to work independently
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Be able to utilize both manual and automatic transmission vehicles
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) per company standards
- 1 year of experience as a parts delivery driver is required.
Able to read and interpret documents. This includes safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must speak effectively before groups.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license required.
The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Requirements could include standing, walking, sitting, climbing, and balancing. Climbing – Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, up to 25 feet in height, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires manually loading and unloading delivery truck
- Verify that all parts are loaded and unloaded
- Obtain signatures from receiving locations confirming accuracy of parts received
For this position, the employee is regularly exposed to inclement weather and loud noise.