We are currently hiring a Class A Mechanic – Medium/Heavy Diesel
The Class A Mechanic will perform a variety of tasks to include repairing and maintaining customer vehicles and/or equipment components such as engines, rive train, brakes, steering of on- road, over the road or off-road equipment and other related mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform PMI’s on all types of powered equipment
- Perform selected repairs on equipment involving the summary of components and systems listed above
- Perform drivability and operational checks as applicable
- Train and assist other technicians in all of the above areas
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe work area and environment. Including but not limited to cleaning shop equipment, floors, and fluid containment areas
- Must possess adequate hand tools required to perform routine repairs and maintenance
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- DRIVER’S LICENSE REQUIRED
- Must have acceptable driving record and pass drug test, background check
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, talk or hear, and or smell. Climbing – Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, up to 25 feet in height, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to inclement weather and loud noise.