Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Repairing and maintaining customer vehicles and/or equipment components such as engines, drive train, brakes, steering and other related mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Perform PMI’s on all types of powered equipment
- Perform selected repairs on equipment involving the summary of components and systems listed above
- Test drive all types of vehicles
- Train and assist other technicians in all of the above areas
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe work area and environment. Including but not limited to cleaning shop equipment, floors, and fluid containment areas
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Technical education in a related discipline with eight (8) years of experience, or ten (10) years on the job experience that includes performing service and repair on vehicles and/or equipment components and systems summarized above.
Certificate, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, talk or hear, and or smell. Climbing – Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, up to 25 feet in height, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to inclement weather and loud noise.