ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All proper, professional procedures and duties required for the safe and efficient completion of vehicle and equipment component repair. Preventative maintenance assignments such as PMI’s, engines, drive trains, brakes, and steering of on-road, over the road, or off-road equipment and other related mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems will be performed. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Utilizing the required safety apparatus and PPE’s.
- Moving vehicles in and out of the respective service bay at the beginning and end of each day to make workspace available and to secure vehicles during hours that facility is closed.
- Performing the necessary repair and maintenance procedures.
- Retrieving and replacing the required tools and equipment to complete repair and maintenance procedures.
- Completing a Parts Request Form for each service and delivering it to the Parts Departments.
- Retrieving parts from the Parts Department.
- Properly disposing of hazardous waste material.
- Completion of all necessary administrative functions related to the assigned job, including but not limited to time clock entries, work order notes, check sheets, manual and/or pc related technical information inquiries and lookups, telephone calls, communication with the manager and supervisors, delivering completed paperwork to the designated area, and explaining diagnostic findings and repair details.
- Test driving the vehicle for as many times as necessary to insure proper completion of repair and/or maintenance procedures.
- Cleaning the work area upon completion of each assigned job, including removing bulk unusable items and disposing of them in the trash dumpster or the recycled metal container.
- Returning unused, new parts and cores to the Parts Department.
- Removing and placing salvageable parts (Deadline/Decommission items) in the designated areas.
- Train and assist other technicians in all of the above areas.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe work area and environment, including but not limited to cleaning shop equipment, floors, some outdoor areas, and fluid containment areas.
Must possess adequate hand tools required to perform routine repairs and maintenance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Possess a minimum five (5) ASE certifications in Medium/Heavy Truck (T-Series), or obtain within six (6) months of hire date. Complete Vector Certified Technician training within six (6) months.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical education in a related discipline with eight (8) years of experience, or ten (10) years on the job experience that includes performing service and repair on vehicles and/or equipment components and systems summarized above.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Valid Driver’s License
- CDL License if required
- Must meet this sites OEM training certification requirements
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, talk or hear, and or smell. Climbing – Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, up to 25 feet in height, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to inclement weather and loud noise.