Vector Fleet Management has been in business for over 31 years and understands how complex it can be to manage government fleets where issues can not only be variable but costly to fix. Vector Fleet Management realizes that:
- The individual users’ needs must be met by being more responsive to them.
- Vehicle usage is high, in order to support important governmental services.
- Schedules can be dynamic and demanding.
- Stringent performance standards must be met.
- The age of the vehicle, as well as the mileage, might need to be prolonged for economic reasons.
- Extraordinary support must be given in emergency situations no matter how long they might last.
1. Vector Understands Government Fleets
More than ever, budgets are being stretched to the limit or decreased, services have been scaled back or eliminated, and management is having to do more with a lot less. There are a variety of challenges facing managers in the government sector due to an increased emphasis on reliability, cost-consciousness, and efficiency, which are all important when you need to choose a partner to help you run your fleet. Vector Fleet Management adapts solutions to the numerous challenges government fleets deal with, including the readiness of its qualified technicians, the assortment of available equipment, and how old the fleet is. Vector Fleet has three decades of government fleet maintenance experience, which we ensure reduced vehicle downtime and costs while improving the quality of services and operating efficiency to the citizens and departments of the government.
2. Reducing Overall Governmental Fleet Maintenance Costs
The experience Vector Fleet possesses working with numerous fleets has shaped the management strategies, to control parts and subcontractor costs to keep fleet maintenance costs below budget, as well as improve the productivity of technicians. Overhead costs are reduced through the utilization of major suppliers who can quickly move parts into the shop for use right away.
Periodically, Vector Fleet will run reports to help identify slow-moving or obsolete parts so they can be returned for credit. This reduces overhead expenditures and makes the parts room far more responsive than it would be otherwise. Vector Fleet relies on in-house repairs instead of using a local OEM. To cut down on expensive transportation shipping, Vector Fleet always buys local. Local vendors are important to Vector Fleet Management, which will provide most of the fast-moving items, including rubber components like tires, belts, and hoses and filters, rotors, and brake pads.
3. Improving the Availability of Equipment and Vehicles
Typical government fleets can have a lot of downtime, which is a major challenge as well as a constant frustration. Because Vector Fleet realizes this, our experienced government fleet maintenance staff can keep a fleet operational to its maximum capacity by:
- Reducing overtime through increased use of mobile maintenance service vehicles
- Getting as much of our work done in-house instead of using subcontractors
- Prioritizing service vehicles based on the vehicle’s criticality of the mission
4. Increasing the Efficiency of Fleet Operations
Vector Fleet Management’s only business is fleet maintenance, which is why the leadership of our company isn’t distracted by other businesses that need attention. Since 1988, Vector Fleet has prided itself on continuously performing well, not only in the commercial sector but in the government sectors as well. Vector Fleet’s leadership and management have proven initiatives that have reduced costs and improved the ability to forecast maintenance failures including:
- Condition-Based Maintenance procedures such as lubricant and oil analyses and intermittent engine compression checks to determine possible differential, transmission, and engine repairs before they start
- Maintenance that will provide a faster response as well as reduce “windshield time”
- Using synthetic lubricants to extend the life of an oil change which can lower costs significantly
- Shop hours that are flexible enough to meet the client’s needs
- Increased OBD usage along with other computer-assisted online diagnostics abilities
5. Improved Governmental Department Communication
Expert service involves more than fixing a piece of equipment that breaks every now and again. Each aspect of partnering and support is inspected to ensure the mutual goals are met.
Vector Fleet’s customer feedback is all-encompassing because we want to know how Vector Fleet can improve operations and how procedures can be adapted to complete the work more efficiently so that Vector Fleet can reward and identify top employees, as well as those whose performance standards are not up to par. Each form is read and reviewed at the corporate level.
The customer then receives a response from Vector Fleet regarding the feedback they submitted so they understand how much their input is appreciated and that we acted accordingly. This is something Vector Fleet will take pretty seriously because customers mean a lot to the continued success of Vector Fleet’s business.
Corporate staff makes regular unscheduled and scheduled site visits to keep customers up-to-date regarding any day-to-day customer issues. Additionally, Vector Fleet’s corporate managers meet with government managers, purchasing directors, and department heads to certify that Vector Fleet Management is meeting their needs as well as being kept abreast of any changes to the budget, operational changes, or other government-related planning initiatives.